Government of British Columbia Supports Growers with Farm Grants
The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the agricultural sector in Canada are unpredictable, leaving many Canadian farmers uncertain about their future business operations1. As a response, the B.C. Government is bringing good news to Canadian growers by supporting farmers financially with farm grants through the On-Farm Funding Program (OFFS).
About British Columbia Farm Grants
The government of British Columbia is providing the already established On-Farm Food Safety (OFFS) Program for farmers which can be a valuable resource during the Covid-19 pandemic. The program will provide up to $10,000 Canadian dollars in farm grants to a diverse range of eligible B.C. farm businesses. This will give farmers the financial security to improve food safety practices and keep up with the high standards and regulations requirement of on-farm businesses2.
The goal of this funding is to achieve a top, world-class level of food-safety, by using the below-mentioned steps:
- Identifying and documenting any risks through food safety gap-assessments to improve food safety.
- Being proactive in alleviating the risks identified through engaging in Good Agriculture Practices(GAPs) or Best Practices(BPs)
- Achieve third-party On-Farm Food Safety System (OFFS) or Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) food safety certifications through nationally and internationally recognized food safety accreditation agencies.
AVIX Laser Bird Deterrent is Eligible for the OFFS Program
Great news! The AVIX Autonomic laser bird deterrent tool is a fully automated laser, providing a silent, non-lethal, and neighbor-friendly form of bird control with up to a 90% bird damage reduction. Our laser bird deterrent system gives you the upper hand in the human-bird interaction helping you save money and fight foodborne illnesses.
Bird Control Group’s Avix Autonomic Mark II laser system qualifies for the On-Farm Food Safety Funding Program (OFFS), which will help farmers maintain food-safety through the COVID-19 pandemic.
OFFS Program Application Process
The online application for the process is now open. We are working alongside our local authorized reseller, FenceFast, to guide farmers through the process of successfully applying for the OFFS program through the Canada Agriculture Partnership. FenceFast is a Canadian company based in British Columbia with staff trained on animal and bird pest management solutions and knowledgeable on the current government support program.
Here are the top 5 documents to have by your side when you apply:
- Proof of your business registration
- Copy of Provincial Operating License and/or BC Assessment
- Letter from your financial institution indicating financial stability
- Cover letter signed by your company’s senior management stating a commitment to food safety and improved food safety systems
- Good Agriculture Practices (GAP) assessment – or be ready to go through that process
The laser bird deterrent system can help you decrease crop loss this year and manage food-safety. You can request more information here: (Laser brochure button)
If you are interested in learning more about how we can help you with the application process for the OFFS farm grants, Please send an email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call FenceFast toll free at : 1-877-383-3623